Forum de la guilde la Légion Noire du serveur Blakbonia :: Forum de la guilde la Légion Noire du serveur Blakbonia
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Never Call Me A Hero A Legendary American DiveBomber Pilo

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Forum de la guilde la Légion Noire du serveur Blakbonia Index du Forum -> Forum de la guilde la Légion Noire du serveur Blakbonia -> Taverne
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
leisere
Nécromancien
Nécromancien

Date de naissance: 27/05/1962
Masculin

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 22:26 (2017)    Sujet du message: Never Call Me A Hero A Legendary American DiveBomber Pilo Répondre en citant

Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway
by N. Jack "Dusty" Kleiss

>>>DOWNLOAD BOOK Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway

<strong>75 YEARS AGO, ONE DARING AMERICAN PILOT MAY HAVE CHANGED THE COURSE OF HISTORY WHEN HE STRUCK AND SANK TWO JAPANESE CARRIERS AT THE BATTLE OF MIDWAY -- &#x22;THE DECISIVE CONTEST FOR CONTROL OF THE PACIFIC IN WORLD WAR II” (<em>NEW YORK TIMES</em>). </strong><strong>NOW, AT LAST, LEGENDARY DIVE-BOMBER “DUSTY” KLEISS SHARES HIS UNFORGETTABLE EYEWITNESS ACCOUNT OF AMERICA’S GREATEST NAVAL VICTORY.</strong><strong> </strong>

On the morning of June 4, 1942, high above the tiny Pacific atoll of Midway, Lt. (j.g.) &#x22;Dusty&#x22; Kleiss burst out of the clouds and piloted his SBD Dauntless into a near-vertical dive aimed at the heart of Japan’s Imperial Navy, which six months earlier had ruthlessly struck Pearl Harbor. The greatest naval battle in history raged around him, its outcome hanging in the balance as the U.S. desperately searched for its first major victory of the Second World War. Then, in a matter of seconds, Dusty Kleiss’s daring 20,000-foot dive helped forever alter the war’s trajectory.

Plummeting through the air at 240 knots amid blistering anti-aircraft fire, the twenty-six-year-old pilot from USS <em>Enterprise</em>’s elite Scouting Squadron Six fixed on an invaluable target—the aircraft carrier <em>Kaga, </em>one of Japan’s most important capital ships. He released three bombs at the last possible instant, then desperately pulled out of his gut-wrenching 9-g dive. As his plane leveled out just above the roiling Pacific Ocean, Dusty’s perfectly placed bombs struck the carrier’s deck, and <em>Kaga </em>erupted into an inferno from which it would never recover.

Arriving safely back at <em>Enterprise, </em>Dusty was met with heartbreaking news: his best friend was missing and presumed dead along with two dozen of their fellow naval aviators. Unbowed, Dusty returned to the air that same afternoon and, remarkably, would fatally strike another enemy carrier, <em>Hiryu</em>. Two days later, his deadeye aim contributed to the destruction of a third Japanese warship, the cruiser <em>Mikuma, </em>thereby making Dusty the only pilot from either side to land hits on three different ships, all of which sank—losses that crippled the once-fearsome Japanese fleet.

By battle’s end, the humble young sailor from Kansas had earned his place in history—and yet he stayed silent for decades, living quietly with his children and his wife, Jean, whom he married less than a month after Midway. Now his extraordinary and long-awaited memoir, <em>Never Call Me a Hero, </em>tells the Navy Cross recipient’s full story for the first time, offering an unprecedentedly intimate look at the &#x22;the decisive contest for control of the Pacific in World War II&#x22; (<em>New York Times</em>)—and one man’s essential role in helping secure its outcome.

Dusty worked on this book for years with naval historians Timothy and Laura Orr, aiming to publish <em>Never Call Me a Hero </em>for Midway’s seventy-fifth anniversary in June 2017. Sadly, as the book neared completion in 2016, Dusty Kleiss passed away at age 100, the last surviving dive-bomber pilot to have fought at Midway. And yet the publication of <em>Never Call Me a Hero </em>is a cause for celebration: these pages are Dusty’s remarkable legacy, providing a riveting eyewitness account of the Battle of Midway, and an inspiring testimony to the brave men who fought, died, and shaped history during those four extraordinary days in June, seventy-five years ago.

Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway book from lenovo free Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway read online pdf free

Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway book for mac
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway download free cloud
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway book without pay
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway view cheap kickass сhapter book
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway book buy cheap
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway flibusta fb2 download original online
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway book RapidShare
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway book google docs
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway thepiratebay torrent download
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway ebook free download
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway download from SaberCatHost pdf
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway You search pdf online pdf
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway book book free from xiaomi
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway book online
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway free mobi
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway iphone value francais audio book
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway audio book
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway full reading ios online apple
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway sale book
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway book without payment
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway book MediaFire
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway book for android
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway free download mobile pdf
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway tpb free torrent
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway mobile ebook
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway book in English
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway book cheap book
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway book docs
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway book full
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway book online
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway book without pay
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway book iCloud
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway read online pdf free
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway book from lenovo free
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway read online pdf free
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway link without registering selling online ebook
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway bookstore access selling online ebay
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway book samsung
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway how to find book without register
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway book from motorola read
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway buy tom english download itunes
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway book from htc online
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway purchase book
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway book iCloud
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway reading francais english torrent online
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway free docx
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway ebook free download
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway eReader online
Never Call Me a Hero: A Legendary American Dive-Bomber Pilot Remembers the Battle of Midway iphone value francais audio book

48a4f088c3

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 22:26 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Forum de la guilde la Légion Noire du serveur Blakbonia Index du Forum -> Forum de la guilde la Légion Noire du serveur Blakbonia -> Taverne Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Index | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template Medieval by Mojy, © 2003, 2005 Mojy - Mojytech